Tamed and Under Control

Well, it’s been fun.  That’s all I will say.  After the last post where the circlip decided to leave mid-flight I spent the following week hunting down a suitable circlip.  I tried a 4mm one but it seemed loose.  However after squeezing it gently with some pliers the clip fitted better. So finally today I got chance to fly the whole fleet properly, the bank holiday weekend before was a complete loss due to weather and work commits but today has been hot, humid and nice.  I flew the Protos on 14t and it was better but still slightly manic, so a friend at the club recommend I turn the throttle curve down.  I therefore set it at 90% straight and gave it a fly.  Fabulous, still got some power but not super twitchy, perfect.  I think I may have found the sweet spot on this.

A quick update on the rest of the fleet though. The T-Rex-250 is flying fine gave it some proper hammer but then the wind came and it was grounded. The Mini-Titan now has a set of carbon blades on it

Advertisements
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: